About Us

Established in 1817, the St Andrews Fire Department is committed to the safety of our community.  As dedicated Fire/Rescue Volunteers, we aim to provide the public with a rapid response to fire suppression, rescues and assist with medical emergencies to the best of our abilities. We are a small composite fire department in Southwestern New Brunswick. We have one full time Member (Chief), and 30 paid on-call volunteers. We run out of one station, with a fleet of two pumpers, a pumper/tanker, mini-rescue, 4x4 utility truck, a rescue side by side four wheeler and a 14 ft. Zodiac. The department averages 80 -100 calls per year. Our coverage area includes the Town of Saint Andrews, Local Service Districts of Bayside and Chamcook, and the Parish of St. Patrick.

Chief Kevin Theriault

St. Andrews Fire Department Fleet

401
2010 Freightliner, built by Carl Thibault fire trucks.
1500 GPM Hale Pump,
1000 Gallon tank
Class “A” Foam Pro system
First out to all call in town and second out to all Motor Vehicle Collisions
402
2001 Freightliner, built by Metalfab
1050 GPM Hale Pump,
1000 Gallon Tank
Class “A” Foam Pro system
First out to all calls out side of town, second out to calls in town
403
2016 Chevrolet 2500 HD Crew Cab
Service truck responds to all grass, forest fires and any structure fire
404
2017 Rescue Pumper,
by Carl Thibault Fire Trucks on a Spartan Chassis.
1200 Gal Tank
1500 GPM Hale Pump
A and B foam
406
14’ Mercury inflatable with a 9.9 HP outboard
Responds to Water rescue calls in non-tidal water areas
407
2016 Kawasaki Mule 4 person Side by Side
Responds to all grass, Forest fires, and off road rescues
RETIRED 404, September 2017
1986 Ford built by Metalfab
2000 Gallon tank
640 GPM Hale pump
Second out to all calls out side of town
RETIRED 405, September 2017
1993 Ford built by Superior Fire Trucks
250 Gallon tank
50 Gallon Class “B” Foam system
Responds to all Motor Vehicle Collisions, Rescues, and Medical Calls
1853 Hand Pumper
Our Hand pumper is one of two that served from 1853 to 1921
It was built by James Smith of New York
Crews would pull these by hand to the call or use a horse if available.
The first entry in our records for these units showed 51 members attached to one pumper and 30 to the second.
It carried 12 feet of suction hose, 2 nozzles, and wrenches.
With the arms on, where the members would pump from the pumper is over 16 feet long.
The pumper could throw a stream of water 140 feet
Show More

St. Andrews Fire Department FACTS:

  • On March 22, 1817, the St. Andrews Fire Department and the Fredericton Fire Department received permission from the House of Assembly to establish Firewards in the town.
     

  • Fireward (Fire Wardens) - carried an 8 foot long red staff and a white speaking trumpet (you can find 2 of these at the St. Andrews Fire Hall). They would be in charge of inspections and organizing fire suppression in town.
     

  • Feb 1, 1820 - a letter was sent to the House of Assembly to advise we had Firewards in place, and had purchased two fire engines, as well had two companies of firefighters in place.
     

  • Aug 1, 1820 - from the Herald, it was reported of a fire on the Brig Robert at McMasters wharf, the Firewards, Military, and inhabitants fought the fire.
     

  • April 5, 1828 - from the House of Assembly, and act repealing the act of 1817, replacing it with a new act regarding Firewards and given a 5 year time frame for the town.

CONTACT US

506-529-5150

80 Reed Street
St. Andrews, NB
E5B 1A1

Email: fire@townofstandrews.ca

  • Twitter

STAY CONNECTED

Storm Centre New Brunswick

Closures & Outages

© 2020 St. Andrews Fire Department

SAFireDept_Decree_1817_1